Friday, August 10, 2007

Healthy Resentment: Overquoted Movies

In response to this article, which is a valiant effort but clearly shows a bias towards extremely new movies and totally drops the ball by naming 300 as the most obnoxiously overquoted movie (seriously?), I'm making my own list.

Nearly all the movies on this list are movies I am (or at least was, at one point) a fan of, for the record. I'm also just as guilty as anyone else of contributing to this saturation. I've recently tried to steer away from this by quoting Tom Brokaw news broadcasts exclusively. So far, I've only been slapped four times.

10) High Fidelity
9) Airplane!
8) *Old School*
7) Swingers
6) *Anchorman*
5) Star Wars
4) Mean Girls
3) *Monty Python and the Holy Grail*
2) *Napoleon Dynamite*
1) The Big Lebowski
(tie) 1) Office Space

* Asterisk denotes overquoting to the point that I no longer even care for the movie.

No comments: